Let me find your perfect LHD vehicle, with my LHD car sourcing service.
Please provide me with as much information as possible and I will put some options in front of you. I only source new, pre-registered and nearly new cars (under 2 years old) for the simple reason that my idea, your idea and equally as important the supplying dealers interpretation of a new or nearly new car are all the same. If we are talking about an older car this is when interpretation and expectations vary, which is not good for anyone.
Most of my sourcing is done in Germany, I’ve been importing cars from Germany for over 20 years and as a result I have built up many contacts and preferred dealers. The reason I choose to source from Germany is the vast choice, the German buying taste is similar to ours as they tend to opt for more spec heavy cars as we do in the UK.
If you are unsure about what you want and have just starting your search, you may want to do a little homework before you call or email me, a good place to start is to look at the two main German cars for sale websites - Autotrader equivalents. These sites are www.mobile.de and www.autoscout24.de. although these are both German sites, there are also listings from across Europe, this will give you an idea of European pricing.
How the simple process works:
1. I provide an accurate quote for the car of your choice delivered to the location of your choice, this maybe for collection from me here in Leeds or delivered to European address.
2. I hopefully negotiate a discount with the supplying dealer and they provide you with a sales contract.
3. Payment is made directly to the supplying German dealer.
4. Your car is delivered to the location of your choice - I invoice this to you. Unless of course you want to self collect your car, in which case I will arrange 30 day export plates at £250.
5. I register your car on either UK or Spanish plates. I can happily point you in the right direction for French registrations which are now done on-line.
My fee for this transparent service is £800 plus VAT (£960 inc.VAT).
European VAT payments:
New cars also known as New Means of Transport (NMT), European VAT is payable in the country of registration.
European VAT rates vary, German VAT (MwST) is 19%, UK VAT is 20%, Spanish VAT (IVA) is 21% whilst Portugese VAT (IVA) is 23%.
The German dealer will supply you your new NMT without German VAT, known as ‘ netto’. However, in most instances the German supplying dealer will request payment of the German VAT as a ‘deposit’ which is refunded once we demonstrate VAT has been paid in the country of registration. From a cash flow perspective, you will have outlaid VAT twice for a short period of time. Because of this, nearly new cars (used cars) are popular with my clients.
A used car is defined as a car that is over 6 months old and has covered more than 6,000 kms. Therefore, if you buy a 7 month old vehicle that has covered 7,000 kms the German dealer will supply it with the German VAT known as ‘brutto’ and thats it, there is no VAT to reclaim nor pay on registration.