This website uses cookies. Details.

Accept X
Buy a left hand drive car

Discounted new and pre-registered LHD cars

Tel: 07770 950010

Tel: 01943 660177

Registration and delivery of LHD left hand drive cars to Europ


UK registration:

Many of my clients want their new car on UK plates, this can be for a host of different reasons, they maybe UK based but commuting to Europe as part of their work, they maybe about to move to another country but do not have an address in that country yet or the cost of registration in the other country may be very expensive.

When a car is supplied on UK plates, if new the UK VAT needs to be paid. Depending on what role I am playing the price I have quoted you for your new car will include UK VAT (20%) or if I working as a sourcing agent VAT will be payable prior to UK registration. The situation is different for used cars.

The UK registration process involves 2 organisations, one after the other , these are VCA and DVLA. I will work as quick as possible to register your new car but as we are dealing with bureaucracy, please be patient as both organisation can take up to 10 days.

The VCA certificate costs £100, DVLA charge £55 as a first registration fee and the first year’s VED (road tax) is payable.

Uk export plates:

UK export plates are supplied on tax (VAT) free cars, these plates look just like standard UK plates but have an ‘X’ as the first letter. They have a limited duration to enable you to remove the car out of the UK and allow you or me to register your car in the destination country. With European exports part of that process is to pay VAT in the EU state of registration. European export plates have a duration of 60 days and non European export plates are valid for 6 months. DVLA charge the first registration fee of £55 but there is no VED payable.

Spanish registration:

To register a car in Spain, you will need a Spanish address. To complete the process, I will need a copy of your passport, your NIE certificate (or CIF) and a proof of address such as your Epadron.

Spanish VAT (IVA) is 21%, so if your purchase has been supplied tax free this payable.

As with most of Europe the registration (matriculation) taxes payable are based on C02 emissions. Cars that have emissions below 120g C02/km are exempt. Above this figure there are three additional bands, please call me to discuss.

The other tax payable is a local tax (SUMA) payable to your local town hall annually (this varies from area to area).

I use a company based in Murcia to complete my registrations and I charge £500 plus VAT for this service which includes the production of a technical data sheet this is completed by an ITV (MOT) testing centre and physical plates.

French registration:

To register a car in France, you will need a French address.

French VAT (TVA) is 20%, so if your purchase has been supplied tax free this payable.

As with most of Europe the French pollution taxes payable are based on C02 emissions. Cars that have emissions below 117g C02/km are exempt. Above this figure there are five additional bands, please call me to discuss.

There is also a Regional Tax which is based on the car’s engine capacity and varies slightly depending on your Dept number.

The French registration is now done on-line with the new ANTS system. If your French is good that’s great, mine is school boy French so I use a company that provides this service. I charge £250 plus VAT.

Registration of your own car:

If you have a European car that needs UK registration. I am happy to register your car for £300 plus VAT. This is in addition to VCA and DVLA fees.


I am happy to provide a quote for European delivery. My pricing is very competitive, as an example UK to Southern Spain is £600 plus VAT.

German transit plates:

If you want to collect your new purchase from Germany, I can arrange 30 day transit plates for your car at £250 plus VAT. These plates include transit insurance.

Part exchange:

I am happy to give you a part exchange value on most cars, I may not be purchasing your car myself but you will have a value on your car to move forward with your new purchase.


Finance is only available on cars that are supplied tax paid on UK plates, that are to remain on UK plates for the duration of the finance agreement and the you needs to be a UK tax resident.